There you are, just finishing your Spring cleaning and excited to place that oversized sweater in the toss-out pile. You put on your favorite tank top from last season and run to the mirror. Instead of feeling excited to enjoy the warmer weather in your favorite tank top, you notice you have a case of bra bulge or bra fat; that extra bulge of back fat or armpit fat that looks like a small pooch next to the armpit that is more prominent when wearing a tight-fitting shirt, bra, or bathing suit.
Sound familiar? Well, don’t worry, you’re not alone. It doesn’t matter whether you’re an A or a DD-cup or what size clothing you wear as women of every shape and size can experience bra bulge.
Luckily, you can take some approaches and non-invasive cosmetic treatments to help banish the bra bulge and have you ready for the warmer weather in no time.
What Is Bra Bulge
Bra bulge, also known as bra fat, back fat and armpit fat is a common problem with many women. It’s caused by several different factors but is defined as subcutaneous fat, meaning that it’s a normal accumulation of fat that just so happens to be hanging around the upper back, armpit, and bra area.
What Causes Bra Bulge
Before we get into treatments, we feel it is important to understand that there are numerous causes for bra bulges, such as a poor diet, consuming more calories than you’re burning, not exercising, age, stress, and even something as simple as wearing the wrong bra size. Being aware of the causes can help you to tackle them one by one.
The Wrong Size Bra
Statistics show that 70% of women are wearing a bra that is too small. Wearing a too-tight bra can cause the skin above the bra line or under it to force over the band, bust out the bust area, and even bulge out near the armpit region.
Solutions To Finding The Correct Bra Size
- Get fitted; this goes for both the band and the cup size.
- Make sure it feels right; numbers can be misleading.
- Check the bra style. One type does not fit all.
- Some underwire can cut into your sides/armpit area.
- Thinner bands can dig into the skin.
- Some of the most flattering bra types to reduce bra fat include:
- Front closure bras. They allow for the smoothest of back profiles since there is an absence of back closures.
- Wide straps and bands allow the bra to sit correctly on your ribcage, lending the support you need without digging into the shoulders.
- Partial underwire or Demi’s are great for those with smaller bra size, helping to guide the breast tissue towards your centerline instead of under your armpits.
Ways To Reduce Bra Fat
This area can be tricky as it is difficult to spot-treat fat with exercise. And since the bra fat area is an intersection of many different muscles, you must work all those muscles to tone up the area. So for this toning to work, you need to reduce your overall body fat and weight by:
- Get grooving with some cardio. Cardio helps amp up your metabolism to burn fat by burning calories and is a great bra bulge exercise.
- Strength training your entire body but have a special focus on those areas that cause bra bulge.
- Keep your body properly hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. For an extra boost, add lemon to help flush out toxins and excrete fat.
- Get enough sleep. A lack of sleep can cause a change in hormones and increase appetite.
- Reduce stress levels. Did you know that stress can lead to an increased stress hormone cortisol level, leading to weight gain?
Non-Invasive Cosmetic Treatments To Help Get Rid Of Upper Back and Armpit Fat
Sometimes exercise and a healthy diet are not enough to get rid of that stubborn bra fat. While they are a great way of helping you lose overall body weight, it isn’t great at spot treating fat. This is where CoolSculpting comes in, as you can pinpoint exact trouble areas you’d like to reduce fat.
First, you’ll meet with a Medical Aesthetician online or in-person for your initial consultation. The Medical Aesthetician will look at the treatment areas and then work with you to create a detailed treatment plan to eliminate that unwanted bra fat. From there, you can schedule your CoolSculpting treatment.
Get Rid Of Bra Fat With Non-Surgical CoolSculpting
CoolSculpting involves no knives, no punctures, no needles, and zero downtime, with body contouring results that can appear as early as 3 weeks after treatment.
It’s important to note that CoolSculpting is not a weight-loss alternative. It’s for non-surgical fat reduction for patients who are within 30 pounds of their ideal weight. Using the power of cold and the body’s own metabolism to flush out the fat, CoolSculpting helps sculpt certain areas in the body, and this case, the bra area. So you’ll find that your tank top, bra, and favorite swimsuit will fit, look, and feel better on you!
How Does CoolSculpting Work To Get Rid Of Bra Bulge?
CoolSculpting’s fat-freezing technology delivers controlled freezing of fat cells (known as cryolipolysis) without harming the tissue or skin around the treatment area. Fat cells don’t like the cold, and at a certain temperature, they will freeze and gradually die. Once that happens, your body naturally processes the crystalized dead fat cells which are then excreted.
The CoolSculpting procedure takes about 45 minutes per application. The Master CoolSculpting Specialist will use a CoolAdvantage applicator, like the CoolMini applicator (tailored to use for armpit fat), as its unique shape is excellent for contouring smaller, curved areas.
How Long Does It Take To See CoolSculpting Results?
As your body naturally purges the crystallized fat cells, you’ll notice even better results in the weeks and months that follow your CoolSculpting treatment.
If you’re struggling to get rid of armpit fat and back fat around the bra area, Coolsculpting could be your answer. Schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our certified providers today!